A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons oil, plus extra for greasing
- jam, to serve
1. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together into a bowl. Stir in the sugar.
2. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg and oil. Make a well in the centre and whisk in the milk mixture to make a smooth batter.
3. Heat the extra oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Drop teaspoons of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form. Turn and cook the other side of the pikelet until golden.
4. Serve warm with jam.