Toasted muesli. Photo: Marina Oliphant
This muesli is full of seeds and almonds, with warm spice accents and a crunchy, nutty texture.
- 400g organic rolled oats
- 50g flaked almonds
- 100g whole almonds, skin on
- 150g sunflower seeds
- 150g sesame seeds
- 50g chia seeds
- 125g pepitas
- 100g shredded coconut
- 1 whole nutmeg, freshly grated
- 100g sultanas
- 100g mixed dried berries
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100ml coconut oil
- 125ml golden syrup
- 125ml black treacle or maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan-forced or 200 degrees conventional.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients, including the dried fruit, in a bowl until well combined. Add the oil and syrups and rub through the mix thoroughly with your fingers.
3. Spread the mix out in one layer on lined baking trays and toast for 20 minutes. Shake the trays after 10 minutes to toast evenly and stir occasionally to ensure it doesn't burn. Allow to cool on the trays, stirring occasionally to prevent it clumping. Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe