A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 115 g (4 oz/½ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 small handful mint
- 3 lemons
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) soda water (club soda)
1. Bring 750 ml (26 fl oz/3 cups) of water to the boil in a heavybased saucepan over medium—high heat. Add the sugar and mint, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Discard the mint, then set the syrup aside to cool.
2. Peel the lemons using a sharp knife, removing all the white pith. Cut the lemons into segments by cutting between the membranes. Put the lemon segments and cooled sugar syrup in a large metal or plastic mixing bowl. Using an immersion blender fitted with the chopping blade, whizz for 30 seconds, or until the lemon is reduced to a pulp. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing down on the pulp to extract all the liquid. Discard the pulp. Transfer the mixture to the freezer for at least 3 hours, or until frozen.
3. Remove the mixture from the freezer and, using the immersion blender, whizz for 40 seconds, or until it resembles crushed ice. Spoon into four tall glasses and pour in the soda water. Stir to combine and serve immediately.