Lentil and potato soup
Have your say
- ½ cup Sanitarium Brown Lentils
- 1½ cups water
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 3 cups water, extra
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
1. Place Brown Lentils and water in medium saucepan. Cover and simmer over gentle heat for 30 minutes or until lentils are soft.
2. Add onion, potato and extra water. Cover and cook a further 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
3. Heat oil in small pan. Add flour and stir continually until lightly browned. Stir through salt and tomato paste.
4. Stir flour mixture into soup and simmer over medium heat until the soup boils and thickens.
5. Serve soup hot.