Lentil and tahini cutlets
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 415 g can Sanitarium® Savoury Brown Lentils
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ⅔ cup Sanitarium So Good® Soy Drink
- ⅓ cup tahini paste
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- light olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 2½ cups oven-roasted garlic and onion pasta sauce
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Combine the lentils, celery, oats, So Good®, tahini, egg whites, soy sauce, parsley and mixed herbs. Leave for 10 minutes to allow the rolled oats to swell.
2. Heat a little light olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add tablespoons of the mixture to the pan and cook in batches for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Drain well on crumpled paper towels.
3. Arrange the cutlets in a single layer in a baking dish and pour the pasta sauce over the top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through.