Cheesy vegie muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed grated carrot
- 1/2 cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese*
- 1/4 cup olive oil*
- 125g can no added salt creamed corn
- 3/4 cup reduced fat milk*
- 1 large egg*
- Canola oil spray*
- *Look out for products available with the Heart Foundation Tick.
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Sift flour into a large bowl, stir in zucchini, carrot and cheese.
Whisk together oil, creamed corn, milk and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir until ingredients are just combined.
Lightly grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are light golden and just firm to touch.
These muffins will keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator or can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Recipe and image provided courtesy of the Heart Foundation’s Mums United. Mums United is all about helping Australian mums and their families take small, easy steps towards a healthier lifestyle. Together we’re changing the shape of Australia.
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe