Chicken salad baguette
- 1 cooked chicken breast, skin removed, chopped
- 3 shallots, white and pale green parts, finely sliced
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 baguette/long bread stick (about 50cm long), or 4 bread rolls
- Small amount of butter
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced on the diagonal
Combine chicken, shallots, celery and mayonnaise in a bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Split the baguette lengthwise and thinly spread the bread with butter. (This helps prevent the bread from going soggy.) Lay the rocket along the bottom of the roll, then top with cucumber. Spoon the chicken mixture into the baguette and cut into four pieces. Seal in Glad sandwich bags, making sure to puch out excess air so the roll stays together and stays lovely and fresh.
Note: Chicken rolls should be kept chilled in the lunch box with a frozen drink or ice brick.
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe