Sesame Street sandwich
For all the Sesame Street lovers out there we have the perfect sandwich for you. Bert is sure to encourage kids to fill their tummies with this delicious recipe.
- 2 slices wholemeal bread with side crusts removed
- 1 slice white bread cut into 2 x 3cm circles(for the ears)
- Half a tomato
- Salty seaweed for hair and eyebrow (cut with scissors)
- 4 x 1.5 cm circles cut from cheese slices (for eyes)
- 2 x raisins, halved (for the pupils)
- 1 sliced disc of carrot (for the nose)
- 1 sliced triangle of carrot (for the nose)
- A ‘c’ shape cut out of cucumber (for the mouth)
- 1 x slice of ham or salami with a section cut off (for the mouth)
- Filling of choice:
- Chicken & Mayo
- Tuna & Cream Cheese
- Ham and Cheese
- Cheese and cucumber
Spread your filling of choice onto the round white bread disc and place the second on top. Cut the circles in half to form the 2 ears.
Spread your filling onto one of the wholemeal slices and place the second on top. Using cream cheese, glue the features onto Bert’s face.
Halve a tomato (with base cut so that it sits flat) and place cheese discs with raisins for eyes, a triangle of carrot for the nose and a stamped “C” shape out of cucumber for the mouth.
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe