Malted milk and oat cookies
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 125 g (4½ oz/1 cup) self-raising flour
- 100 g (3½ oz/1 cup) rolled (porridge) oats
- 170 g (6 oz/¾ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 40 g (1½ oz/⅓ cup) malted milk powder
- 65 g (2¼ oz/¾ cup) desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 150 g (5½ oz) unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour in a large bowl and add the oats, sugar, milk powder and the coconut. Mix together and make a well in the centre.
3. Place the honey, 1 tablespoon hot water and the butter in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until the butter has melted. Pour the butter mixture into the well in the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms.
4. Shape tablespoons of dough into balls, place well apart on the prepared trays and flatten slightly. Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool on the trays for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
5. These cookies will keep, stored in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.