Marshmallow cone surprises
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 220 g (7¾ oz/1 cup) sugar
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 3 egg whites
- 20 small round or square ice cream cones
- assorted sweets (candy), for filling
- sprinkles, to decorat
1. Combine the sugar and 3 tablespoons water in a heavy-based saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 4 minutes. Combine the gelatine and 1 tablespoon boiling water in a small bowl. Stir until dissolved. Add to the pan. Simmer for minute.
2. Beat the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Beat in hot syrup and beat for 10-15 minutes.
3. Place the ice cream cones on a baking tray. Fill the bases with sweets. Spoon the mixture into a piping (icing) bag fitted with a fluted nozzle. Pipe swirls of marshmallow into each cone. Spread sprinkles on a piece of baking paper. Dip the cone to coat well. Leave to set overnight.