Mediterranean vegetable and goats cheese burger
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 400 g eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, halved, seeds and membrane removed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 100 g zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 100 g sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 seed rolls
- 100 g goats cheese
- mesclun (mixed salad greens)
- balsamic vinegar
1. Spread eggplant slices on a board, sprinkle well with salt and leave to stand for 20 minutes. Place in a colander or strainer and rinse. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
2. Place capsicum on grill tray skin side up. Cook under preheated grill until skin is black. Remove and cover with a damp tea-towel and allow to cool. Peel away skin and cut flesh into thick strips.
3. Heat ¼ cup of oil in frying pan and cook eggplant slices until golden on both sides. Heat remaining oil in pan, add garlic, chilli and basil. Add zucchini and sweet potato and cook until soft and golden. Remove and strain. Reserve any oil.
4. Cut rolls in half, toast each side. Spread bases with goats cheese and cook under preheated grill for 1 minute or until cheese has melted. Place on 4 serving plates. Arrange salad greens on top of cheese. Layer eggplant, capsicum, sweet potato and zucchini over salad. Sprinkle lightly with balsamic vinegar and reserved oil, top with remaining rolls.