Milk chocolate buttons
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 75 g (2½ oz) unsalted butter
- 75 g (2½ oz) milk chocolate, chopped
- 80 g (2¾ oz/⅓ cup) soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 g (2¼ oz/½ cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 80 g (2¾ oz) milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thick (double/heavy) cream
- silver cachous, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (315°F/Gas 2–3). Line 12 mini muffin holes with paper cases.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and sit the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir the chocolate until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and mix in the sugar and egg. Stir in the flour.
3. Transfer the mixture to a jug and pour evenly among the cases. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until cooked. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the ganache, place the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Once the chocolate has almost melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir until the remaining chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Allow to cool for about 8 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
5. Return the cakes to the cold tin to keep them stable while you spread 1 heaped teaspoon of ganache over each cake. Decorate with silver cachous.