Mixed mushroom and white bean lasagne with roast cherry tomatoes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 g button mushrooms, finely diced
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms, finely diced
- ½ cup Sanitarium® Pine Nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup cooked white beans (such as cannellini or butter beans)
- 300 g firm tofu
- 3 teaspoons miso (Japanese soy bean paste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 375 g packet fresh lasagne sheets, cut into 12 cm squares (you will need a total of 18 squares)
1. Preheat the oven to moderately hot 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Place the cherry tomatoes cut-side-up on a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic, basil, oregano and cinnamon. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft.
2. To make the filling, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the pine nuts, basil, parsley and white beans and heat through.
3. Place the tofu in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan and stir in the miso and lemon juice.
4. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the lasagne squares a few at a time for 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well.
5. To serve, place a lasagne square on each plate. Top with 2 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture, a few cherry tomatoes and a good drizzle of the white sauce. Repeat with another layer of lasagne, mushroom mixture, cherry tomatoes and sauce, finishing with a third lasagne square. Top with a tablespoon of the mushroom mixture and serve immediately.