Why go out for dinner when you can easily make this delicious and healthy version of a take-out favourite?
Family take-away classic quick to cook at home
Have your say
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp caster sugar
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
* 600g lean lamb backstrap, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
1 tbs sunflower or canola oil
* 1 red onion, thinly sliced
* 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
* 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
1 tsp Chinese five spice
2 tbs Shaoxing wine
2 tbs hoisin sauce
1 tbs black bean sauce
* ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
Filling & Healthy Foods are marked with an asterisk. These foods help fill you up andkeep you healthy.
1. Combine egg, soy sauce, cornflour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a mediumglass or ceramic bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3hours. Drain lamb. Discard liquid.
2. Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil and heat for 30 seconds. Stir-frylamb, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
3. Reheat wok over high heat. Add remaining oil and heat for 30 seconds. Addonion, capsicum and celery and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes or until softened.Return lamb to wok with five spice, wine and hoisin and black bean sauces andstir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve sprinkled with coriander.
SERVE WITH: 0 ProPoints value steamed snow peas and sugar snap peas, plus longgrainwhite rice. Add 4 ProPoints values per serve for ½ cup (85g) steamed rice.
7 PROPOINTS VALUES PER SERVE | SERVES: 4 | PREP: 20 MINS, PLUS 3HOURS MARINATING | COOKING TIME: 10 MINS