Moon rock cakes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 250 g (9 oz/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed (pumpkin pie) spice
- 110 g (3 3/4 oz/1/2 cup) sugar
- 90 g (3 1/4 oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 30 g (1 oz/1/4 cup) sultanas (golden raisins)
- 2 tablespoons mixed peel (mixed candied citrus peel)
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 55 g (2 oz/1/4 cup) sugar, extra
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour and spice into a bowl. Add the sugar and butter. Rub in the butter until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Mix in the sultanas and mixed peel. Make a well in the centre. Add the combined egg and milk and mix to form a soft dough.
4. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Sprinkle lightly with extra sugar and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.