Moroccan lamb with pistachio couscous
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- MOROCCAN MARINADE
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8-10 small lamb fillets
- pinch of saffron
- 375 ml (13 fl oz/1½ cups) hot chicken stock
- 250 g (9 oz/1 1/3 cups) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 75 g (2½ oz/½ cup) currants
- 100 g (3½ oz) shelled pistachio nuts
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
1. Mix together all the marinade ingredients. Put the lamb in a shallow, non-metallic dish, add the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Add the saffron to the hot stock and pour over the couscous. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes, then stir to remove lumps.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, chilli and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the currants and nuts and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon and orange zest and the mint. Stir through the couscous.
4. Drain the lamb, discarding the marinade. Cook the lamb on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill plate or flat plate, turning once, until browned all over. Cook for 2-3 minutes more, turning frequently. Serve with the couscous.