Mum's potato salad
Jeremy & Jane Strode
A regular at barbecues and picnics, my mum would cook double the bacon needed in anticipation of the children sneaking a piece at every opportunity.
Have your say
Just like mum used to make: Potato salad. Photo: Natalie Boog
- 2kg potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 175g eye bacon, trimmed and diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup basic vinigarette
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 4 eggs, boiled until just set, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
Boil potatoes in plenty of salted water until just cooked. Drain and keep warm.
Fry bacon until golden and crispy, drain on paper towel.
Mix mayonnaise and vinaigrette, add mustard and season.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl, toss gently and serve.