A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 3 cups (750 ml/24 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250 ml/8 fl oz) white wine
- 60 g (2 oz) butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 250 g (8 oz) flat mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g (8 oz) arborio rice
- ½ cup (50 g/1⅔ oz) grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1. Place the stock and wine in a pan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add the leek and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Add ½ cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) of stock and stir until absorbed, then add more stock. Repeat until all the stock has been added and the rice is soft and creamy (about 25–30 minutes). Stir in the Parmesan and thyme, and cook for 1 minute, or until the cheese has melted.