A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 60 g (2 ¼ oz) unsalted butter
- 60 g (2 ¼ oz/½ cup) icing (confectioners') sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-2 drops natural vanilla extract
- 12 pre-cooked tartlet cases
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 125 g (4 ½ oz/1 cup) icing (confectioners') sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons hot water
- few drops pink food colouring
1. To make the buttercream, place the butter into a small bowl. Using electric beaters, beat on high speed for 1 minute. Add the sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat until light and creamy.
2. Place ½ teaspoon jam into each tartlet case and spread over the base. Top the jam with 2 teaspoons buttercream. Smooth the surface with the back of a teaspoon.
3. Sift the icing sugar into a small bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the vanilla and water. Stir until the mixture is smooth. Divide the icing (frosting) into two portions. Leave one portion plain and tint the remaining portion pink.
4. Spread 1 teaspoon of plain icing over half of each tartlet and allow to set.
5. Spread 1 teaspoon of pink icing over the remaining half of each tartlet and allow to set.