No-bake salt caramel banoffee pie
If you have lived your life without trying this indulgent dessert, do yourself a favour and make it today.
Photo: Danielle Colley
Have your say
For the base:
- 200 grams butter, melted and cooled
- 1 packet digestive biscuits
- 2 large handfuls of pretzels
For the filling:
- 1 tin condensed milk, boiled on stove until lid pops up, or 1 tin Top-n-Fill Caramel (super simple)
- 3 bananas
- 300mls thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 2 pieces or dark salted chocolate
- 1 pinch of sea salt flakes
Place your biscuits and pretzels into a food processor and blitz into a fine crumb.
Add your melted butter and stir until combined. Press into a pie dish, ensuring it is even all over. Cover and place in the fridge until you need the pie.
Place your caramel into the pie base and spread evenly. If you boiled a tin of condensed milk, you will need to cool it thoroughly before proceeding to build pie.
Sprinkle your pinch of sea salt evenly over caramel. Set aside.
Pop the cream and vanilla into a bowl. Whip your cream until it forms soft peaks.
Slice your bananas into 5mm slices and layer carefully around the edge. You can be more haphazard in the centre as you will cover that with cream but ensure that banana covers the top.
Pile your cream on top and then using a carrot peeler gently ‘peel’ curls off the chocolate for the garnish.