A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
1. Put the custard, whipped cream and orange rind in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of the orange juice and 2 teaspoons of the sugar. Stir gently to just combine, then cover and refrigerate until required.
2. Divide the biscuits among two large plates.
3. For the kids, sprinkle half of the biscuits with the remaining orange juice.
4. For the adults, sprinkle the other biscuits with the liqueur or sherry. Leave for 10–15 minutes, to allow the liquid to be absorbed.
5. Put all the berries in a bowl with the remaining sugar and lightly mash with a fork.
6. Break each biscuit into three pieces. Take four deep, 375 ml (13 fl oz/1½ cups) glasses or glass bowls and place three biscuit pieces in each. Spoon over half the berry mixture, then half the custard mixture. Repeat the layering with three more biscuit pieces and the remaining berries and custard.
7. For the kids, sprinkle the trifles with a little grated chocolate.
8. For the adults, sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
9. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavours to develop. Decorate with more berries just before serving.