Panettone with rum and raisin ice-cream
If you are creating the ultimate dinner party menu, try this delicious recipe idea from Luke Mangan.
Photo: Jennifer Soo
Have your say
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 litre good quality vanilla ice-cream
- 12 slices Italian panettone
- Soak the raisins in the rum for several hours or overnight. Just before serving, allow the ice-cream to soften slightly. Stir the drained raisins through the ice-cream.
- Lightly toast the panettone slices. Place one slice on each plate, spoon a dollop of rum and raisin ice-cream on top, then top with another slice of panettone to make a sandwich.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with some extra rum-soaked raisins (and extra ice-cream if desired).
- Huon Hooke's wine match Luscious Rutherglen muscat is the ideal partner, preferably a fruity, slightly lighter, younger one such as Morris or Campbells regular Rutherglen liqueur muscats.