Paprika dumpling and bean soup
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 200 g flat beans, cut into 2 cm lengths
- 400 g cooked borlotti beans
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika, extra
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic over medium heat until the onion is golden.
2. Stir in the paprika for 1 minute. Add the potato, carrot and flat beans and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the borlotti beans and stock. Simmer, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until tender.
4. Place the egg, flours and the extra paprika in a small bowl and mix together with a fork. Drop teaspoons of the mixture into the hot soup and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked through. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Serve with garlic bread.