Peanut butter mini cupcakes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 150 g (5½ oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 115 g (4 oz/½ cup) soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 g (4½ oz/½ cup) crunchy peanut butter
- 125 g (4½ oz/1 cup) self-raising flour
- 30 g (1 oz/¼ cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) milk
Hazelnut and peanut butter icing (frosting)
- 120 g (4¼ oz/½ cup) hazelnut spread, softened
- 90 g (3¼ oz/⅓ cup) crunchy peanut butter, softened
- 2 × 60 g (2¼ oz) chocolate-coated peanut bars (such as Snickers), chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Line 18 flat-bottomed patty holes with paper cases.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl with electric beaters until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined. Fold in the sifted flours alternately with the milk until combined.
3. Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cake. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the hazelnut and peanut butter icing, combine the hazelnut spread and peanut butter. Spread the icing over each cake and decorate with a piece of chocolate peanut bar.