Pear and cinnamon rolls
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 15 g dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 300 g soft tofu
- 1/2 cup Sanitarium So Good® Soy Drink
- 4 pears, finely diced
- 3/4 cup chopped prunes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Put the flours, yeast and sugar in a food processor and blend. Add the tofu and So Good® and pulse. Leave to prove in a warm place for 20 minutes, or until doubled in size. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
2. Punch down the dough and knead on a lightly floured board for 5 minutes. Roll out to a 25 × 35 cm rectangle.
3. Leaving a 3 cm border, spread the pear over the dough and sprinkle with the remaining ingredients. Roll length-ways to enclose the filling and cut into 2 cm thick rounds.
4. Put the rounds on a baking tray sprayed with canola cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise in a warm place for 10 minutes. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.