A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1¼ cups plain flour 90 g butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1–2 tablespoons iced water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1¼ cups pecan nuts, chopped
- 20 g butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot 210°C/190°C gas. Place flour, butter and sugar in food processor. Using pulse action, press button 30 seconds or until mixture is fine and crumbly. Add egg yolk and almost all water, process 20 seconds or until the mixture just comes together when squeezed, add more water if necessary. Knead gently to form a smooth dough. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for 20 minutes.
2. Brush a 10 × 35 cm oblong flan tin with melted butter or oil. Roll out pastry between two sheets of plastic wrap to cover base and sides of tin. Line tin with pastry; trim edges.
3. Cut a sheet of greaseproof paper large enough to cover pastry-lined tin. Line tin with paper and spread a layer of dried beans or rice evenly over paper. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and discard paper and beans. Return to oven for a further 7 minutes or until the pastry is lightly golden. Cool.
4. To make Filling: Reduce oven to moderate 180°C. Place eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, nuts and butter in a mixing bowl; mix well. Pour mixture into prepared base; bake 45 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool on a wire rack. Serve cold.