Penne with fennel-flavoured tomato sauce
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 400 g penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 400 g can Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 300 g can butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 3 slices Sanitarium® Soy Healthy™ Smoked Soy Slices, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
1. Cook the penne according to the packet instructions.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, and cook the onion and garlic over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the fennel seeds, tomatoes, water, butterbeans and soy slices. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Stir in the basil.
3. Drain the pasta. Stir the sauce through the warm pasta and serve.