Potato and corn chowder
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 50 g butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 fresh corn cobs, kernels cut off
- 310 g can creamed corn
- 350 g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 100 g ham or lean bacon, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) cream
1. Melt the butter in a large pan and cook the onion for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Pour in the chicken stock, corn kernels, creamed corn, potato cubes and ham or bacon. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the mixture has thickened.
3. Add the cream and stir in just before serving. Serve with crusty bread.