Potato and pea curry
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 700 g all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200 g frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup (15 g) chopped fresh coriander
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir for 2–3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the ground coriander, garam masala, cumin, turmeric and cayenne pepper, to taste, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the potato and mix to coat well. Pour in 2 cups (500 ml) water and the lemon juice. Simmer, uncovered, for 10–15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the peas and the fresh coriander and cook for 5 minutes. Serve as a main meal with Indian bread, or as a side dish to accompany a meat curry.