Potato and vegetable curry
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, cut into chunks
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup water, extra
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Stir-fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
2. Add turmeric, cumin and garam masala and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Stir through potato, carrot and water. Bring mixture to boil then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add broccoli, peas, tomato paste, extra water and salt and simmer for further 5 minutes or until all vegetables are cooked.
5. Serve* with plain boiled rice.