A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 250 g floury potatoes, unpeeled
- 30 g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (185 ml) cream or milk
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan
- 2½ cups (310 g) self-raising flour, sifted
1. Preheat the oven to hot 210°C(415°F/Gas 6–7). Steam or boil the potatoes for 15–20 minutes, or until tender (pierce with the point of a small sharp knife—if the potato comes away easily it is ready). Drain, cool, peel and mash.
2. Cream the butter and sugar, then beat in the potato, egg, cream and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
3. Place the flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the potato. Mix together to form a soft dough, adding extra cream if needed. Turn onto a floured board and form into a smooth ball. Roll out to 2 cm thick and cut out rounds with a floured 5 cm plain cutter. Place on a greased baking tray, glaze with milk and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Bake for 10–12 minutes.