Quick fruit slices
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 60 g marzipan
- 2 × 425 g cans peach, apricot or pear halves, drained, or fresh fruit
- 20 g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot 210°C/190°C gas. Line oven tray with baking paper. Cut the pastry sheet into four squares, then each square diagonally into triangles. Roll the marzipan out to about 2mm thick, and cut into triangles 2 cm smaller than the pastry triangles. Top each pastry triangle with a marzipan triangle.
2. Using a small, sharp knife, make 1 cm slices lengthways in each piece of fruit, stopping 2cm from the top. Place a piece of fruit on each pastry triangle, fanning out the slices.
3. Brush the fruit and pastry with melted butter. Sift icing sugar over fruit. Place the triangles on a baking tray. Bake 10 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve immediately.