A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 250 g (8 oz) eggplant, chopped
- ⅓ cup (80 ml/2¾ fl oz) olive oil
- 250 g (8 oz) zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 onions, cut in wedges
- 1 red capsicum, cubed
- 1 green capsicum, cubed
- 2–3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g (1 lb) ripe tomatoes, chopped
1. Sprinkle the eggplant liberally with salt and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse and dry with paper towels. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy-based pan. Lightly brown the eggplant and zucchini in batches. Drain on paper towels.
2. Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onion and stir over low heat for 2 minutes. Add the capsicum and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender but not browned. Add the garlic and chopped tomato and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the eggplant and zucchini. Simmer for 10–15 minutes to reduce and thicken the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.