A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium long slender eggplant, cut into 1 cm slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1 cm slices
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 2 cm squares
- 1 medium green capsicum, cut into 2 cm squares
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to moderate 180°C. Brush one pastry sheet with egg; top with the other sheet. Cut pastry into four squares. Place on large baking tray and cook for 20 minutes, until puffed and golden. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan, cook onion and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add eggplant, zucchini and capsicum. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the tomatoes, and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated. To serve, cut an 8 cm round hole in each of the pastry squares, and pull out the soft pastry in the centre. Fill each of the cavities with ratatouille and serve immediately.