A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- ¼ cup (40 g) cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 5 dried curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- pinch ground turmeric
- 1½ cups (185 g) semolina
- 30 g butter
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the mustard seeds and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 30 seconds, or until the seeds start to pop. Add the cashews and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden. Add the onion, ginger, curry leaves, capsicum and carrot. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
2. Stir in the turmeric and 2½ cups (625 ml) water. Season. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the semolina, stirring well to prevent lumps. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the semolina is cooked and any excess moisture has evaporated. Stir in the butter. Serve hot with yoghurt and chutney.