Real chocolate crackles
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 75 g (2¾ oz/2½ cups) puffed rice cereal
- 90 g (3¼ oz/1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 250 g (9 oz) dark chocolate (54 per cent cocoa solids), chopped
- icing (confectioners') sugar, sifted, for dusting (optional)
1. Line three 12-hole mini muffin tins with paper cases.
2. Combine the puffed rice and coconut in a large bowl. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the melted chocolate to the puffed rice mixture and, using a wooden spoon, stir gently until evenly combined. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until set. Dust with the icing sugar if desired.
4. The chocolate crackles will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 2 weeks.
5. TIP: You can also make delicate, bite-sized chocolate crackles to serve with coffee. Use 72 confectionery chocolate cases instead of the mini muffin paper cases.