Ricotta and ham quiche
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- 90 g butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1–2 tablespoons iced water
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 130 g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot 210°C/190°C gas. Place flour and butter in food processor. Using pulse action, press button for 30 seconds or until mixture is fine and crumbly. Add egg yolk and almost all water, process 20 seconds or until mixture just comes together when squeezed. Add more water if necessary. Turn onto a lightly floured board. Knead mixture gently to form a smooth dough. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for 20 minutes.
2. Grease a deep 20 cm round flan tin. Roll out pastry between two sheets of plastic wrap, large enough to cover base and sides of tin. Ease pastry into tin; trim edge.
3. Cut a sheet of greaseproof paper large enough to cover the pastry-lined tin. Place over pastry and spread a layer of dried beans or rice evenly over paper. Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven and discard paper and beans. Return to oven for a further 10 minutes or until the pastry is lightly golden.
4. To make Filling: Combine all ingredients in food processor bowl. Using pulse button, process 1 minute or until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pastry case, bake for 35 minutes or until set.