Roast pumpkin, feta and pine nut pastie
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 800g jap or kent pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sheets of frozen butter puff pastry, thawed and cut into 15cm squares
- 100g marinated feta cheese, crumbled (reserve the oil)
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Put the pumpkin on a baking tray and toss with the olive oil, garlic and some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 40 minutes, or until the pumpkin is cooked and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
2. Divide the pumpkin among the four pastry squares, placing it in the centre. Top with the feta, oregano and pine nuts. Drizzle with a little of the feta marinating oil. Bring two diagonal corners into the middle and pinch them together over the filling. Bring the other opposite corners together, then pinch to seal along the edges, the base will be square; the top will form a pyramid. Twist the top to seal where all four corners meet.
3. Put the egg yolk and milk in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
4. Place the pasties on a greased baking tray and brush with the eggwash. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and sea salt and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot.