Roast vegetables with garlic and thyme Purée
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
Garlic and thyme purée
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup (80 ml/2¾ fl oz) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 eggplant, cut into 3 cm (1¼ inch) cubes
- 2 egg tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 2 zucchini, cut into 3 cm (1¼ inch) pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow or green capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 6–8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. To make Garlic and Thyme Purée: Preheat the oven to moderately hot 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Slice the tops off the bulbs of garlic and wrap the bulbs in foil. Bake for 1 hour, or until the garlic is soft.
2. While the garlic is cooking, place the vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Place in the oven with the garlic, on the highest shelf, 20 minutes before the garlic has finished cooking. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the garlic and increase the oven to hot 220°C (425°F/Gas 7). Cook the vegetables for a further 20 minutes, or until they are tender inside with crispy edges, turning the eggplant once or twice.
3. Squeeze the garlic out of the skins and put in a food processor with the thyme leaves. While the motor is running, add the egg yolk and slowly pour in the oil. Add the lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper. Serve the Purée with the vegetables.