Rum 'n' raisin chocolate hedgehog slice
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Choc-rum hedgehog slice.
Have your say
- 250g plain chocolate biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit or sultanasor raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Brush a deep 19cm square cake tin with melted butter or oil. Line base and sides with aluminium foil and grease the foil.
2. Combine biscuit crumbs, dried fruit and walnuts in large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
3. Combine butter and condensed milk in a small pan. Stir over low heat until butter has melted; remove from heat and whisk in egg, cinnamon and rum.
4. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
5. Press mixture evenly into prepared tin.
6. Place chocolate in glass bowl. Stir over barely simmering water until melted; remove from heat.
7. Spread chocolate evenly over slice using a palette knife. Mark into slices. Refrigerate, covered, until it is firm. Cut into slices to serve.