Salmon and pasta mornay
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 400 g (14 oz) small shell pasta
- 30 g (1 oz) salted butter
- 6 spring onions (scallions), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) milk
- 250 g (9 oz/1 cup) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 425 g (15 oz) tinned salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 large handful chopped parsley
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the spring onion and garlic over low heat for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute. Mix together the milk, sour cream and lemon juice and slowly add to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the sauce boils and thickens.
3. Add the salmon and parsley to the sauce and stir for 1 minute to heat through. Toss with the pasta and season before serving.