Sesame stir-fried vegetables
Almost any vegetables can be stir-fried—we've used carrots, green beans, red capsicum, broccoli and button squashes. Serve with rice for added energy.
Have your say
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small chilli, finely sliced, optional
- 6–8 cups (about 1 kg/2 lb) mixed vegetables, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Toast the sesame seeds in a wok over low heat until golden. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in the wok and gently cook the onion, eggplant, ginger, garlic and chilli for 7–8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Increase the heat and add the vegetables. Stir-fry for 3–5 minutes, tossing well. Stir in the soy and ½ cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) water. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.