Slow cooker Moroccan beef
Get this winter warmer started in the morning for an evening meal the whole family will enjoy.
Serve with rice or couscous.
Have your say
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 600g beef strips
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt - fine
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- fresh coriander to serve
- Slice the capsicums and finely slice the onion. Grate the ginger and prepare the garlic for crushing.
- In a jug add the diced tomatoes and cold water and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a large frying pan and heat on medium-high. Season the beef with salt and pepper and then add it to the pan.
- Cook the beef for 4 -5 minutes or until it has browned. Transfer the meat to the slow cooker. Add the sliced capsicums to the beef in the slow cooker.
- Reduce the heat for the frying pan to medium. Add the remaining coconut oil, place the onion into the frying pan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Crush in the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes stirring constantly, then add the ginger and stir for another minute.
- Add the cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. Cook, stirring the whole time until the fragrances of the spices develop. Add the tomato liquid and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the tomato liquid over the beef in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Serve with traditional rice or cauliflower rice and sprinkle coriander on top.