Spiced basmati rice with coriander chutney
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 200 g low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon polyunsaturated oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons Sanitarium® Yellow Split peas
- ¼ cup Sanitarium® Blanched and Roasted Peanuts
- 1½ cups basmati rice
- 3 cups water
1. Combine the chutney ingredients.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion until golden. Add the spices. Stir until the mustard seeds pop, then stir in the split peas. Add the peanuts, rice and water. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice absorbs all the liquid. Serve with the coriander chutney.