Spiced chickpea and vegetable soup
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 large potato, roughly chopped
- 1–2 teaspoons Madras curry powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 410 g can chickpeas, drained
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 cup (155 g) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 1–2 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the celery, carrot, potato, curry powder and cumin and cook for a further 2 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomato paste, chickpeas and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until reduced slightly.
3. Stir in the peas and coriander and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until warmed through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.