Spicy Asian Beef Salad with VEGEMITE dressing
Celebrate Australia's amazing cultural diversity this Australia Day with this Asian beef salad with a fresh and zesty VEGEMITE dressing.
Give your favourite dishes from abroad a VEGEMITE spin
Have your say
• 1/3 cup oil
• 1 tablespoons VEGEMITE
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon grated root ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 3 star anise or 1 teaspoon star anise powder
• 1 long red chilli, chopped
• 1 kg piece beef girello
• 125g Asian salad greens
• 150g snow peas, blanched
• 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 5cm lengths and cooked until just tender
• 1-1/2 tablespoons ZOOSH The Classic French Bistro Fresh & Crisp Vinaigrette Dressing
1. Blend or process together the oil, VEGEMITE, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Stir in the star anise and chilli.
2. Place the beef in a shallow dish, pour over marinade, cover and chill for up to 12 hours.
3. Bring the beef to room temperature. Lift from marinade, place in a roasting dish and bake in a hot oven 200oC for 45 minutes. Cover and stand for 15 minutes.
4. Toss salad and dressing and set aside. Carve meat and arrange over the salad. Serve immediately.
Recipes brought to you by VEGEMITE. For more information and inspiration from Australia’s favourite spread visit www.vegemite.com.au.
Be sure to share your VEGEMITE smile with us this Australia Day! Don’t forget to add the hashtag #SpreadTheLove to connect with other Aussies from around the country and abroad celebrating this great day.
View our other VEGEMITE recipes in this Australia Day series: