Spinach fettucine with mushroom sauce
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Spinach fettucine with creamy mushroom sauce.
Have your say
- 500g spinach or plain fettucine
- 300g baby mushrooms
- 3 spring onions
- 6 slices smoked ham or pancetta (50g)
- 40g butter
- 1 1/4 cups (315 ml) cream
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook the fettucine in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
2. While the fettucine is cooking, slice the mushrooms finely. Trim the spring onions, removing the dark green section, and chop finely. Slice the smoked ham or pancetta into thin strips.
3. Heat the butter in a medium pan and cook the spring onion and ham over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, cover, reduce the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
4. Add the cream, half the parsley and salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes, add the sauce to the fettucine and toss well to combine. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining parsley.