A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 large silverbeet leaves
- 1/2 cup (60 g/2 oz) grated Cheddar cheese
- 140 g (4½ oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, extra
1. Preheat oven to hot 210°C (415°F/Gas 6–7). Brush two oven trays with melted butter or oil. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes until soft. Transfer the onion to a large bowl. Wash silverbeet leaves; tear them into pieces. Place in the pan, cover, and cook for 30 seconds or until soft. Do this in two batches, shaking the pan often and lifting the leaves with tongs to prevent them sticking to the base. Set aside to cool.
2. Take handfuls of the softened leaves and squeeze tightly to drain out as much moisture as possible. Chop and then add to the bowl with the onion. Add the cheeses and mix well. Add egg to the mixture; combine well.
3. Cut each pastry sheet into nine pieces. Divide spinach mixture evenly among the pieces; brush edges with egg. Fold pieces over to form triangles. Brush with beaten egg, place on prepared trays. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden.