Split pea and cumin soup
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups Sanitarium Yellow Split Peas, washed
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2 cm julienne strips
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 10 g vegetable stock cube
- 2 cups water, extra
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker. Stir-fry onion until soft.
2. Add Yellow Split Peas, water and salt. Cover, bring to pressure and cook for 15 minutes (or simmer in large saucepan, covered, for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until peas are soft).
3. Reduce pressure under cold water. Remove lid, add remaining ingredients. Cover but don't bring back to pressure. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
4. Serve* hot with Creamy Corn Muffins .