Steamed oysters with ginger and soy
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 12 oysters, shucked or unshucked
- 1 cm (½ in) piece ginger, finely shredded
- 1 spring onion (scallion), finely shredded
- ½ red chilli, finely shredded
- 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- sesame oil
1. Put your oysters on two plates, which you have covered with a layer of rock salt if possible — this will stop them tipping over and spilling their juices. Put each plate in a steamer basket and put the steamers over a saucepan of simmering water. Put the lid on and wait for a minute. If your oysters still have their shells you should be able to lift them off by now.
2. Sprinkle some ginger, spring onion and chilli on each oyster and add a quarter of a teaspoon of soy sauce and a drop of sesame oil to each. Cook for another minute with the lid on — the oysters will look slightly opaque when they are ready.
3. Serve the oysters on their bed of rock salt.